Why Weight Fluctuates Daily & Why You Shouldn’t Worry!01/11/2019
How Does Stress Affect Your Weight? Pt. 219/11/2019
Treat yourself to some much-deserved time off – minus the souvenir of an extra 8 kilos on your frame! Just because you’re on vacation, it doesn’t mean all your healthy eating and lifestyle habits have to take a vacay too. There are always healthy and delicious options wherever you go, and ‘strategy’ is the key.
In the honour of ‘Wonderlust’ here are my simple tips to travelling without packing on kilos;
- ‘YOLO’ is not your motto. The ‘You only live once – I should indulge AF’ motto will gain up on you – in fat.
- Reserve ahead of time a Gluten Free or Low Calorie meal on the plane. This will mean less processed food, you get served first and the salt content won’t make you blow up. Say no to ALL snacks and keep drinking 2L of water, whilst taking 2x1000ml, 3x a day, Vitamin C tablets (Blackmores) on the day you fly and 1 day pre and post flying – you will land with no water retention at all. Bring your own Avalanche hot chocolate or relax with a wine and if you feel like a salty snack, drink your miso soup instead.
- Pack your MCT oil and have it 1x daily in the morning to keep your energy high, cravings at bay and instruct your body to burn fat as energy – not carbs! And when travel tiredness hits and the cookie monster knocks on your door, before you derail have a coffee with MCT first – cravings will subside.
- You don’t need to pack ‘just-in-case’ snacks – you won’t go hungry, trust me and you’re not a teething toddler. Have a coffee or an apple and enjoy feeling light whilst looking forward to the next meal.
- Have 3 meals daily and 1 snack only. Don’t indulge at every meal and make one of these meals your greens smoothie and substitute the raw veggies with Simple Tribe greens.
- Travel with your breakfast smoothie basics and have it for 1 meal daily; Glow and Greens individually packed, Simple Tribe greens, X50 Green Tea Extract, MCT … toss all in a shaker bottle and enjoy a simple, nutritious and fuss free breakfast or lunch, you can consume anywhere. Even better it keeps your immune system and gut in check.
- Call your hotel ahead of time and have them clean out the mini bar – it’s temptation you don’t need to battle daily.
- Follow the 3-bite rule when it comes to naughty food; there’s no harm in indulging – just keep portions in check. No matter how decadent – 3 bites won’t derail your diet. And you’ll feel satisfied if you take the time to savour each bite.
- Walk everywhere! You will burn calories just by moving.
- Step away from the buffet, but if you must, then schedule it for the end of your trip, that way you don’t spoil your tastebuds too early in the trip and hate your clean food choices there after. Once you derail it’s hard to realign again, so don’t slip up early.
- Don’t include buffet breakfast in your hotel stays – either have your greens as meal 1 or order eggs and sides, but omit the carbs in your first meal because once you start with carbs so early, you’ll end up craving them all day long. Eating man-made carbs for breakfast, will make your body hungrier and encourage the use of carbs for energy rather than stored fat. Carbs cause insulin spikes which lead to immediate blood sugar drop, followed by hunger, cravings and tiredness and the old eating habits and fat gain starts all over again! The best breakfasts are a combination of good fats + protein + fibre+ water.
- Dehydration = cravings, hunger and lack of energy! Drink 2L daily and don’t ever stop.
- You can always find healthy options! Choose protein, veggies and salads for lunch and dinner and if you wish to have the higher carby meals such as pizza, pasta, gelato or a cocktail – have it once every 3rd day.
- Incorporate IT (Intermittent Fasting) into your day, eg. If you had a larger than usual or carb rich dinner, or a boozy night, fast until lunch the next day or even dinner, and schedule sight-seeing or hiking for that day. IT is an incredible way to mitigate weight gain – it means you can indulge more often and not feel heavy and tired after big meals.
- Biggest thing to watch is your carb, sugar and fat intake per meal and per day.
- Wondering about portion sizes? 1 palm of grilled protein, 1 thumb of fat, 1 fist of carbs (if you must) and unlimited veggies. Try and eat proteins you can/can’t have as per your food list.
- Omit cocktails and pre-mixed drinks as they are loaded with sugar and therefore calories. Opt for wine, spirits and champagne … with a side of olives.
- Boost your immune system with Well Spray by The Beauty Chef. Support your health, beauty, immunity and wellbeing with WELL SPRAY– the ultimate holistic health and travel companion.
- Take some X50 Green Tea and MCT Coffee with you for a tasty emergency.